VP Sales Business Development – National Accounts
This person is a results-driven, experienced sales leader with the ability to inspire veteran sales professionals as well as coach and mentor novice sales reps to fulfill their potential and exceed revenue growth targets. Contacts and relationships with large accounts is essential. Currently, the role has no direct reports to manage but if there is growth in the region we would look to add additional sales staff.
The position reports directly to the SVP of Global Sales and will collaborate with other accomplished RTS regional sales leaders as well as operations throughout RTS. The VP of Sales Business Development possesses strong business acumen and develops strategies to grow and retain profitable business within their territory. This individual works closely with the sales team on complex customer and prospect opportunities to aid their reps in successfully closing deals. Ultimately, the VP is responsible for the execution of key strategies and initiatives to deliver strong net new revenue for the company.
Local travel is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Experience and knowledge of the waste and recycling business in the Midwest region.
- Long time relationships with key customers and brands in the region.
- Business relationships with Haulers and carters in the territory where you can develop partnerships.
- Maintains an ongoing training, coaching and mentoring program to develop skills of OSRs and AMs.
- Analyzes sales metrics to determine sales rep behavior and/or selling trends and implements course adjustments as necessary.
- Demonstrates outstanding management and customer service skills to motivate sales team members.
- Effectively manages, maintains and ensures use of waste management sales tools (i.e. CRM tools, Prospect Management, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.). Ensures entire Outside Sales Team is well trained in the use of these tools.
- Tech Tools – Works with the team to deploy/sell tablets to the haulers and trains both haulers and clients in RTS Technology.
- Understands the RTS App and works with all technology related to on-demand business.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with Operations Management to resolve unique prospective customer issues.
- Provides expert industry knowledge and interpretation to sales team and customers.
- Assists in the communication and maintenance of the market area’s pricing and service strategies.
- Interviews and selects qualified candidates for OSR and AM positions.
- Develops contracts with both Haulers and Clients in the region.
- Meets weekly with the SVP of Global Sales to review funnel and forecast.
- Joins local community organizations to develop relationships to build new clients.
- Works on RFP’s and sales marketing presentations.
- Attends local tradeshows and engages in professional events beneficial to Sales.
Experience & Education
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience: 10 years of senior level sales and management experience
- Knowledge of the Waste, Recycling, Sustainability Industries is desired
General competencies include:
- Build relationships
- Communicate with impact
- Demonstrate adaptability
- Demonstrate integrity and courage
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Initiate action
- Produce results
- Think strategically
- Focus on customers
- Gain commitment
- Influence and negotiate
- Manage work/time
- Use ethical practices
- Report accurate results
- Contract and business negotiation skills
- Writing and email skills
- Demonstrate leadership/coaching