Sales Business Development – Client Executive - MidAtlantic
The Client Executive possesses strong business acumen and develops strategies to grow and retain profitable business within their territory. This individual works closely with the VP of Sales for the region to target and develop key customer relationships.
They will generate revenue growth by utilizing a consultative selling approach in perspective and current RTS customers. They are responsible for managing existing business relationships in order to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing contract agreements from previously non-contracted customers. Key activities include developing a target market list of key prospects, growing new revenue, working on national accounts, and developing executive relationships.
The Client Executive is responsible for the full-cycle of the sales process of connecting our large-scale clients to our local vendor partners. The position reports directly to the VP of Sales for the Region.
This is a field-based position. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Effectively manages the full cycle of the sales process from start to close.
- Develops meaningful client relationships through creative means, including phone, email, social media, and professional networking.
- Actively reaches out to and meet with potential leads in order to establish a solid foundation for new connections.
- Drives sales of RTS’s first-class services by developing, identifying, and qualifying quality leads via LinkedIn.
- Effectively utilizes CRM system to maintain a pipeline of potential leads.
- Clearly and thoroughly communicates with leads to demonstrate RTS’s high-quality services.
- Meets and socializes with potential clients locally to demonstrate RTS’s platform and services.
- Works collaboratively with leadership team to build sales throughout the country.
- Closes valuable sales and meets or exceeds sales target.
- Effectively manages prospects and develops sales pipeline. Retains key information in the prospect database.
- Matches RTS services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages on all opportunities.
- Effectively use RTS Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Acquires in depth industry and company knowledge to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Meets weekly with the SVP of Global Sales to review funnel and forecast.
- Joins local community organizations to develop relationships to build new clients.
- Works on RFP’s and sales marketing presentations.
- Attends local tradeshows and engages in professional events beneficial to Sales.
- Updates and secures contracts.
- Uses long time relationships with key customers and brands in the region.
- Tech Tools – Works with the team to deploy/sell tablets to the haulers and train both haulers and clients in RTS Technology.
- Understands the RTS APP and works with all technology related to on-demand business.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with Operations Management to resolve unique prospective customer issues.
- Provides expert industry knowledge and interpretation to sales team and customers.
- Assists in the communication and maintenance of the Market Area’s pricing and service strategies.
- Develops contracts with both Haulers and Clients in the region.
- Entertains and develops relationships at senior levels.
- Builds a business strategy for account penetration in the region.
Experience & Education
- Education: Bachelor's Degree desired, or High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: 10 years of senior level Sales experience in a non-consumer based industrial sales, commercial sales, or service industry environment that includes successfully converting customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels, and/or complex negotiations resulting in signed customer contracts.
- Knowledge of the Waste, Recycling, Sustainability Industries is desired
General competencies include:
- Build relationships
- Communicate with impact
- Demonstrate adaptability
- Demonstrate integrity and courage
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Initiate action
- Produce results
- Think strategically
- Focus on customers
- Gain commitment
- Influence and negotiate
- Manage work/time
- Use ethical practices
- Report accurate results
- Contract and business negotiation skills
- Writing and email skills