We are seeking a motivated candidate with experience in direct-to-consumer and wholesale ecommerce. The Ecommerce Manager will be primarily responsible for overseeing and managing our consumer ecommerce division and online ecommerce presence. Duties include operating ecommerce platforms and corresponding inventory, fulfillment, customer service, customer loyalty, and payments software. They will also work closely with the Marketing and Brand team(s) to incorporate digital and brand strategies, such as social media, advertising, and content management within the ecommerce experience. The role will demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The position will report to the Digital Marketing Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Develops online strategy to encourage sales and improve user experience.
- Determines the format and features of the website to maximize clarity and ease of navigation for customers.
- Works in tandem with website design to develop and alter the website as needed.
- Analyses site software, monitors effectives, and makes recommendations for ongoing software requirements.
- Uploads copy and site-related requirements, such as legal disclaimers.
- Analyzes shipping and pricing trends to set margins and pricing standards.
- Examines and monitors inventory and alerts the product team.
- Works with consumer product team to incorporate brand strategy and product development into site architecture roadmap and distribution requirements.
- Examines and monitors customer service issues and makes recommendations to support customer experience.
- Tracks and reports sales and navigation trends.
- Researches online marketing strategies to advance and improve the company’s online presence and e-sales.
- Liaises with Marketing team to analyze traffic and the effectiveness of marketing strategies, product placement, customer engagement, and promotional offers.
- Liaises with Brand team to ensure brand and product message accuracy.
Experience & Education
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in e-commerce platforms, such as Shopify or Magento.
- Understands website and mobile ecommerce experience and requirements.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, such as Word Press.
- Understands Google Analytics and other analytical software for tracking trends and making projections of future growth.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel); Adobe; social program management applications; email marketing systems.