We are seeking a highly creative and diligent candidate with substantial experience in corporate communications and public relations for the role of Communications Director. Your central goal is to manage public perception of the company by overseeing a diverse channel strategy. Duties will include developing and executing a cohesive communications strategy for B2B and B2C initiatives; creating and managing company messaging and quality control of all information released; media relations, social media, and PR third-party/vendor oversight; reputation management and preemptive planning; digital marketing strategy integration into communications plans; writing and key message development; measurement and ROI analysis. In addition to outstanding communication skills, the role will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and proactive management skills. The position will report to the SVP of Marketing and Communications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Translates company mission and growth strategy into communications strategy.
- Leads and executes communications plans, including vendor management (as applicable); tracks, analyzes, and reports progress.
- Develops and maintains corporate content/messaging across internal and external programs (e.g., key messages, FAQs, press releases, HR updates, etc.); educates and trains key stakeholders and functions across the company on messaging.
- Coordinates requirements for ongoing news bureau and media relationship management.
- Manages and monitors social channels, defines goals and develops content (video, images, messages, etc.) tailored to channels.
- Liaises with industry/partner/client communications and integrates into RTS social channels, media outreach, etc.
- Identifies opportunities to proactively generate awareness, thought leadership and brand recognition, both nationally and across geographic footprint; may include conferences, speaking engagements, company-driven events, client events, etc.
- Works with executives, key stakeholders and dedicated teams to support PR opportunities.
- Actively monitors and understands the industry and various trends and incorporates into communications strategy.
- Supports digital marketing content as applicable, e.g., feedback on blogs, web pages, ads, etc.
- Supports M&A activity aligned to company business plans and requirements.
- Develops internal and external presentations, which may include memos, board meetings, client proposals, vertical-specific content, newsletters, speaking proposals, etc.
- Monitors budget by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
Experience & Education
- 10-15 years of experience in communications and public relations.
- Experience in managing large corporate communication programs for both B2B and B2C programs.
- Previous experience in similar communications role.
- Audience segmentation and message alignment, executive management, market research, project management, reporting results, understanding the customer, strong writing/message development, process improvement, planning and financial skills.
- Proficient in social channels, their use cases, best practices, impressions, and follower growth strategies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel); Adobe; social program management applications; email marketing systems; DAM; CMS.