The vice president of sales will be responsible for leading a team of two to five highly skilled, motivated outside sales representatives and one inside sales account manager for the Chicago area. This person is a results-driven, experienced sales leader with ability to inspire veteran sales professionals as well as coach and mentor novice sales reps to fulfill their potential and exceed revenue growth targets. Contacts and relationships with large accounts is essential.
The position reports directly to the senior vice president of global sales and will collaborate with other accomplished RTS regional sales leaders as well as operations throughout RTS. The vice president of sales possesses strong business acumen and develops strategies to grow and retain profitable business within their territory. This individual works closely with the sales team on complex customer and prospect opportunities to aid their reps in successfully closing deals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Supervises direct reports activities and ensures team members meet or exceed sales call activity, sales pipeline growth, and new sales revenue.
- Manages a budget, including sales revenue, and cost associated with doing business in the region.
- Demonstrates outstanding management and customer service skills to motivate sales team members.
- Maintains an ongoing training, coaching and mentoring program to develop team skills.
- Effectively manages, maintains and ensures use of sales tools (i.e. CRM tools, Prospect Management, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.) and ensures team is well trained in the use of these tools.
- Work with the team to train both haulers and clients in RTS technology.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Communicates to and works with operations management to resolve unique prospective customer issues.
- Provides expert industry knowledge and interpretation to sales team and customers.
- Assists in the communication and maintenance of pricing and service strategies.
- Develops contracts with both haulers and clients in the region.
- Insures accuracy of compensation and sales.
- Controls the budget and finances for the region and making sure the team is working with financial parameters.
Education and Experience
- Experience: 10 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement) with direct supervisory responsibilities of 5+ sales representatives in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone-based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs as developed by RTS.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Candidates must be able to: demonstrate leadership/coaching, build relationships, communicate with impact, demonstrate adaptability, think analytically, demonstrate integrity and courage, demonstrate professionalism, initiate action, produce results, think strategically, focus on customers, gain commitment, influence and negotiate, leverage diversity, manage work/time, plan and organize, and use ethical practices.
- Office Location: Chicago, IL
- Normal setting for this job is a combined office setting and field-based outside sales management.
- Local travel required to coach sales representatives in outside sales positions and/or attend customer visits with sales reps as well as meetings in RTS headquarters.