Sustainability/Operations Senior Analyst
The Sustainability/Operations Senior Analyst will oversee the regional RTS day to day operations, support the local sales team, act as the primary source of customer contact, and report to the Vice President of Sustainability.
The successful candidate will serve as a subject matter expert to project teams and staff, providing information and expertise regarding sustainable ideas, programs, and products. In addition, the Senior Analyst will serve as the primary internal account representative for all existing and prospective customers within the region. Major responsibilities will include but are not limited to: Providing sustainability subject matter expertise to the sales team and customers; Handling customer requests, inquiries and concerns; Resolving service and customer satisfaction issues; Interfacing with regional business partners to assist with scheduling, streamlining and issue resolution; Marketing and upselling advanced sustainability-related services; and supporting the regional sales team via prospect communications, calendar management, on-boarding and pipeline tracking.
In addition, the Senior Analyst will have an integral role in the management of the daily waste hauling process.
The Sustainability/Operations Analyst and team are the first line of contact for our clients and will be working with our clients to maintain customer satisfaction. All aspects of customer relationship development are essential along with on-boarding new clients. This position will work closely with the sales team, finance, operations, and RTS leadership to ensure smooth customer transition, day-to-day operations, and checks and balances of service issues.
- Provides administrative and field support to sales/operations, and assists in coordinating all aspects of daily operations, including recording and reporting data.
- Champions goals and performance targets and provide assistance to project teams for creating better waste solutions.
- Helps with/reviews project specifications and procedures to meet certification and/or local law requirements.
- Develops and presents topics for staff education and grows firm-wide resources aimed at promoting a better integration of sustainable material management strategies.
- Assists clients with developing sustainability programs and initiatives towards achieving stated waste and recycling goals.
- Creates accurate and detailed reports for clients and management.
- Maintains knowledge of all state and federal regulations and relevant professional standards.
- Attends seminars and networking events to interact with Industry Leaders, regional decision makers, and property managers.
- Provides expertise in sustainability issues and remains current to changes in legislation
- Develops (or assists in development of) internal policy and procedures for RTS sustainability and corporate social responsibility guidelines.
- Develops templates for signage and other training materials for client waste management programs.
- Provides guidance and assistance for client waste management programs including email correspondence, equipment procurement, on-site meetings, and training.
- Monitors client programs and provides guidance and assistance for program improvements.
- Coordinates with RTS data analytics to track and maintain data, then analyze data and create reports for clients.
- Coordinates research on sector specific best practices to share with clients.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving service, and operational issues.
- Maintains and distributes department related information weekly.
- Communicates with other managers about operations and client satisfaction issues.
- Completes and maintains a variety of reports as directed by the department manager.
- Responds and/or coordinates response with operations team to any and all client service issues to point of resolution.
- Schedules and coordinates on-demand and extra work as needed including processing app requests (if applicable), coordinating with client/service location, coordinating with hauler, and confirming service completion.
- Acts as key point of contact, or point of escalation for clients and vendors when needed, including after hours and weekend access.
- Monitors onboarding procedure and ensure all new clients are in the system prior to service start date, that they have all RTS key contact information, that the hauler has confirmed details for the service location
- Assists the regional sales team with creating, monitoring, tracking and reporting on the business development pipeline.
- Partners with RTS corporate leadership team to introduce new products and processes to the region.
- A resourceful problem solver, critical thinker, organized, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Adept at communicating with parties of all levels with courtesy and respect, but who can also be firm and persuasive.
- An individual who demonstrates leadership and provides subject matter expertise in waste and recycling and day to day operations.
- Experience developing and implementing sustainability concepts and strategies as demonstrated through actual project or program work with demonstrable results.
- Proven effectiveness coordinating with management teams, vendors, and consultants.
- Comfortable with public speaking and networking.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented and organized with proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivator who is comfortable working away from the primary corporate headquarters of a growing company.
Experience & Education
- Education: Degree in Environmental Sciences, Sustainability Management or related field.
- Experience: 2-5 years of relevant professional experience.
- LEED Accreditation preferable with some experience managing sustainability certification processes.
- Knowledge of multiple sustainability rating and certification systems preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of waste, recycling, compost and other waste related issues a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience in either a sustainability, waste management, customer service, sales support or operations function.