Washington, DC / Baltimore area
The Sustainability/Operations Analyst will oversee the RTS day-to-day sales/sustainability opportunities and report to the VP of Sustainability.
They will serve as a subject matter expert to project teams and sales staff, providing information and expertise regarding sustainable ideas, programs, and products. In addition, they will support client sustainable project plans. The Analyst will plan and implement internal sustainable initiatives including, but not limited to: The integration of sustainability into RTS policy and procedure; tracking and reporting key performance metrics; client engagements and training and resource development – developing educational seminars for client training and working on making sure they provide legislative compliance support.
They will be required to create literature and documents to assist with sustainability initiatives in addition to developing relationships with vendors and related businesses to support waste and recycling programs. They will be required to provide back-office support for day-to-day operations. As part of this operations responsibility, it will require support of RFP and gathering information to coordinate responses to customer proposals and monitoring lead inquiries. A key focus will be on the day-to-day operations with the haulers. This includes coordinating and tracking pick-ups and overall management of the daily waste process, including participating in operations daily meetings and providing updates and status.
The Sustainability/Operations Analyst and team are the first line of contact for our clients and will be working with our clients to maintain customer satisfaction. All aspects of customer relationship development are essential along with on-boarding new clients. This position will work closely with the sales team, finance, operations, and RTS leadership to ensure smooth customer transition, day-to-day operations, and checks and balances of service issues.
- Provides administrative and field support to sales/operations, and assists in coordinating all aspects of daily operations, including recording and reporting data.
- Champions goals and performance targets and provide assistance to project teams for creating better waste solutions.
- Helps with/review project specifications and procedures to meet certification and/or local law requirements.
- Develops and presents topics for staff education and grows firm-wide resources aimed at promoting a better integration of sustainable material management strategies.
- Assists clients with developing sustainability programs and initiatives towards achieving stated waste and recycling goals.
- Creates accurate and detailed reports for clients and management.
- Maintains knowledge of all state and federal regulations and relevant professional standards.
- Attends seminars and networking events to interact with Industry Leaders.
- Provides expertise in sustainability issues and remains current to changes in legislation
- Develops (or assists in development of) internal policy and procedures for RTS sustainability and corporate social responsibility guidelines.
- Develops templates for signage and other training materials for client waste management programs.
- Provides guidance and assistance for client waste management programs including email correspondence, equipment procurement, on-site meetings, and training.
- Monitors client programs and provides guidance and assistance for program improvements.
- Coordinates with RTS data analytics to track and maintain data, then analyze data and create reports for clients.
- Coordinates research on sector specific best practices to share with clients.
- Researches new cities in the Mid-Atlantic territory for waste legislation.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving service, and operational issues.
- Maintains and distributes department related information weekly.
- Communicates with other managers about operations and client satisfaction issues.
- Completes and maintains a variety of reports as directed by the department manager.
- Responds and/or coordinates response with operations team to any and all client service issues to point of resolution.
- Schedules and coordinates on-demand and extra work as needed including processing app requests (if applicable), coordinating with client/service location, coordinating with hauler, and confirming service completion.
- Acts as key point of contact, or point of escalation for clients and vendors when needed, including after hours and weekend access.
- A resourceful problem solver, critical thinker, organized, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Adept at communicating with parties of all levels with courtesy and respect, but who can also be firm and persuasive.
- An individual who demonstrates leadership and provides subject matter expertise in waste and recycling and day to day operations.
- Experience developing and implementing sustainability concepts and strategies as demonstrated through actual project or program work with demonstrable results.
- Proven effectiveness coordinating with management teams, vendors, and consultants.
- Comfortable with public speaking and networking.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented and organized with proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Experience & Education
- Education: Degree in Environmental Sciences, Sustainability Management or related field.
- Experience: 5-10 years of relevant professional experience.
- LEED Accreditation with specialty with a minimum of three years' experience managing sustainability certification processes.
- Knowledge of multiple sustainability rating and certification systems preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of waste, recycling, compost and other waste related issues a plus.