Manager of Human Resources will oversee day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department which encompasses all aspects of employment matters including, but not limited to, employee on-boarding, record keeping and document retention, dispute resolution and mediation, disciplinary actions, employee evaluation, staff development, employee benefits, and unemployment claims.
- Provide direct support to the management team areas such as employee relations, recruitment and staffing, training and development, benefits and compensation, policy and procedure compliance, organizational development, performance management, succession planning and other corporate initiatives.
- Coordinate the staffing and hiring process.
- Investigate and resolve employee conflicts and/or questions.
- Conduct new hire orientation and other training programs.
- Assist in resolution of employee problems including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Monitor for compliance to Federal, State, and local laws and company policies.
- Develop and analyzes HR metrics, such as employee turnover reports.
- Maintain and accurately keep current human resources records, including but not limited to the individual files of current and past employees, including their benefits and insurance coverage information.
- Advise on best practices for HR processes including, but not limited to, the maintenance of employee records.
- Manage all facets of the human resources process and ensure the proper systems and checks and balances are in place.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by keeping abreast of existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions; ensure timely filings with various federal and state regulators.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests for employee data; prepare management reports as required.
- Participate in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Prepare organization for and participate in collective bargaining discussions and the arbitration process as well as promote effective communications and relationships between management and union.
- Manage, coach, and mentor the HR team.
- Respond to Department of Labor requests for information including managing unemployment claims.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce HR policies and procedures of the organization that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Conduct workplace investigations and resolve employee questions or concerns.
- Create and implement employee retention and succession planning programs.
- Develop and conduct training programs throughout the company; develop and conduct cross training within the HR department.
- Develop Key Performance Indicator reporting and analysis for the HR department
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar area of study.,
- Experience: 4 years of experience in an HR role covering employee relations, benefits and/or compensation (in addition to education requirement).
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Degree in Human Resources strongly preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to travel to recruit
- HR Reporting tools
- Office Location: New York
- Local travel required to meet RTS staff or meetings in other cities for training or hiring.