Full Stack Developer
New York City, NY
We are looking for an individual who’s excited to work in a fast-paced environment and looking to work in an industry that is ripe for disruption through technology. They will work closely with both our Operations and Marketing teams to ensure that we are delivering high-quality internal products. They will simultaneously manage multiple projects that span across many crucial business areas including both internal and external products.
They will take ownership of impactful projects from day one, working alongside our lead developer and leadership team on product strategy, development, and deployment. This role will work alongside departments including engineering, marketing, and design, playing a key role in increasing the size and scope of RTS products and services.
We are looking for individuals that have curiosity, intuitive problem-solving abilities, are team players and have the desire to be part of amazing growth environment.
- Experience and ability to work with Apollo, GraphQL, Native Script and PostGraphile
- Creation of B2B and consumer products and features
- Document and use workflow tools in support of development lifecycle i.e.Trello, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define feature specifications and build the next generation of products
- Work closely with operations, finance, and sales teams to build and scale back-end services
- Build report interfaces and data feeds
- Experience writing software through previous work experiences, personal projects, coding competitions
- 5+ years of direct programming experience
- 5+ years of experience understanding relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of Android SDK, Java (additional iOS mobile development a plus)
- Use of development workflow tools i.e.Trello, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Ability to work in an Agile framework while balancing flexibility and agility with structure
- Experience translating design mock-ups and prototypes into working application designs and code
- A firm grasp of the design process with a keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of software and tools to support a growing business
- Experience building public-facing websites that work elegantly across commonly used browsers and devices
- Works well within a team environment and has a positive attitude
- Understands how to prioritize and meet deadlines and able to effectively and positively handle changing priorities
- Transportation logistics knowledge is a plus (similar to FedEx, UPS or Freight)
- Build relationships
- Communicate with impact
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Makes sound decisions
- Thinks strategically
- Produces results
- Learns and knows the business
- Influences and negotiates
- Manages work/time
- Uses ethical practices
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or comparable work experience
- Angular 6 or over
- Apollo, GraphQL, Native Script and PostGraphile
- Intuitive user-interface web design skills and material design
- Comprehension of high volume / transaction data systems
- Object-oriented design skills
- The position will be a local in the New York City office
- Local travel required to attend meetings with vendors, seminars etc.